Sunday, January 27, 2019

What is a path with heart?

Hello, thanks for tuning in for the first blog post...

Being a human being means that at some moment in the future, I am going to expire. That means, I am going to die. We all are. If you knew you were going to die today, what would you do with the rest of your time? It is a good question to ponder. The outcome is going to be the same regardless of what you do. I would like to believe that I would get busy doing the thing that makes me excited and happy to be alive. For me, that would be putting on a live comedy show.

It could bomb, or it could just crush the room and magic happens. There is absolutely no chance of experiencing magic if I didn't do the show. My path with heart has magic in it. A magical possibility is a wonderful way to spend my lasts moments.

Hopefully I am going to be around for a good while. I just like to remind myself of whats important to me. I will follow a path with heart if I think about my mortality. No one knows when our hour of death will arrive. We should be ever vigilant to what makes us feel fulfilled. Do something that gives you that feeling. Pride in a job well done is fulfillment. Our affinity towards something may seem weird to others, but if it excites your being, that excitement is the key towards the direction you should take. Fear and doubt are enemies to attaining a magical life. A life of doing the things that spark your passion and make you excited to wake up each day ready.

Just because you are following a path with heart, life doesn't automatically become easy. Hardly, the challenges at first come from your own mind and body rebelling. Your thoughts try to tell you to take it easy. There is plenty of time. The lie you start to tell to yourself when you are marching down your path. Remember this, it is easier not to be great. When I heard that for the first time it had a profound effect on me. If someone (or even myself) says to take it easy, I feel like to do that will rob me of any greatness, I may have achieved.

Even your family and friends will sometimes be against the idea of fulfillment. Why should you give of yourself at such a high standard? No one else is. That is not a true statement and anyone that would say that is suffering from their own limiting beliefs. I actually asked a good friend of mine why he held his standards so high? He told me, you never know what is going to be the reason for success, so why not stack the deck. If my friend had not been as successful in his passion as he was then his statement would not have carried so much weight. I watched him go from bankrupt to abundantly fulfilled. I watched him authentically living his passion and to me his life was magical.

The path is what is important. The process of doing. We are growing and becoming what we dreamed of becoming. Even if the outcome is failure in the eyes of onlookers, the path itself is what makes us feel fulfilled. Will it matter in the end?




1 comment:

A dark night, turned bright

I was feeling hopeless. Why was I doing stand up comedy? No one thinks I am funny. I never get booked. These thoughts were stirring in my...